Like the First Untethered Flight of the Hot-Air Balloon
- Yellow’s the fitting color for sickness
- & the odorless median-flowers
- haphazardly edging the highway.
- Something jaundices the air, you could say.
- A man falls out of his office tower.
- Death is not always a German expert
- or master, or a German auto-
- mobile wreck. I never can say what I mean.
- Death comes as a drover. Over & down from
- bridge-rail to bay, cliff to clay as in
- the place in Alberta called Head-Smashed-In
- Buffalo Jump, those plummeting cartwheels
- of bison, of men in their beautiful shirts.